Monday, May 10, 2010

We need your old glasses

I saw this in the National Museum's yocard stand. This is the first time I have heard of recycling eyeglasses for other people's use. See below details of this advocacy of George Optical. I'm an eyeglasses user myself. I've got really bad eyes. And I understand completely how it is like to live in blur. Unfortunately, due to rampant poverty a lot of people in the country who've got eye problems can't afford to buy a pair of eyeglasses. [Well, I've been using the frame I'm wearing for about 4 years now. I only upgrade the lenses not the frame because it's expensive.]
I believe in the cause, so I'll visit the shop one of these days to donate my glasses. If you intend to help, too, see details below.

http://www.george-optical.com/corporate_responsibility.html
The G.O. Green Campaign, which officially kicks off April 1, 2010, encourages eyeglass wearers to support the environment and aid the less fortunate by helping recycle old frames. In light of this, recycling efforts will benefit the Missionaries of Charity (Home of Joy), the charity patients of the Ophthalmology Division of the Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Ophthalmology Division of the University of Santo Tomas Hospital, and UNTV.

Customers can drop off their old frames (no purchase required) at any George Optical branch, where they will also be recycled for the use of the George Co Sr. Foundation. The Foundation will also cover the costs of the lens and actual repairs.

1 comment:

  1. I give my old glasses for the needy.

    I would like to purchase bookmarks before 1927.

    Reach me on Freet@optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete